The length of clip lead is a personal choice but usually the smaller the dog the longer the lead. The most popular length of slip lead is 1.5mt (5') in 4, 6, 8 and 10mm and our 12mm 1.2m (4') and 1.7m (5'7") lengths.
The diameter (thickness) of the rope lead
- 4mm dia. A popular size for a showing slip lead for most breeds of dog. It’s a perfect unobtrusive lead for the show ring. Our white, natural or black code 000 slip leads are ideal for this.
- 6mm dia. Ideal size for the smaller dog, yet strong enough for larger breeds.
- 8mm dia. The most popular size of rope or braid lead. Strong enough for all breeds and a nice size to handle. A perfect pocket size lead, whether it’s a clip or slip. These leads are used and recommended by dog trainers and behaviourist.
- 10mm dia. This size of lead is for the stronger dog and kind to your hands. Our 10mm matt slip lead with a leather stop is a popular lead, code 021. Our code 112 1.2mt (4') is a popular clip lead.
- 12mm dia. For the larger dog, a good chunky strong rope lead, popular in both slip and clip lead - codes slips 007, 008 or 022 and 023 with leather stops and for clips, codes 103, 113.
Our rope leads are made from top quality marine rope and are designed to last. A good addition to our leads is the choice of having solid brass fittings.
KJK rope dog leads have been making quality rope leads in the U.K. for over 35 years. Our rope leads and tracking lines are used by police dog handlers.
Do you have a dog that pulls?
Try our rope slip halter. It’s our basic slip lead that we have been making for years but have added it to our list after a customer gave us some fantastic feedback, saying it was now a joy to take her dog for a walk. See our code 029 which is a 2m slip lead and shows some photos of how to use it as a slip halter.
We also have our Double Stop Slip Lead which can be used in the same way.